Strategic Objective: To strengthen coordination, institutional mechanisms, partnerships, coherence and capabilities for effective delivery of drought resilience.
- Mainstream drought resilience and sustainability mandate in the functions of the IGAD Secretariat.
- Effective coordination and alignment of development partners with Members States and IGAD Programmes.
- Formalize and promote protocols, partnerships, networks and collaboration for trans-boundary drought resilience interventions and ending of drought emergencies.
- Develop and promote common programming frameworks, indicators, targets and standards at national and regional level.
- Support and promote need-based human and institutional capacity building at national and regional levels.
- Strengthen coordination mechanisms, interaction and functional linkages between IGAD Secretariat, member states and at all other levels.
Steering Committee Recommendations
Priority Intervention Areas (PIAs)
- Priority Intervention Areas (PIAs)
- PIA 1: Natural resources and environment management
- PIA 2: Market Access, Trade and Financial Services
- PIA 3: Livelihood Support and Basic Social services
- PIA 4: Disaster Risk Management, Preparedness and Effective Response
- PIA 5:Research, Knowledge Management and Technology Transfer
- PIA 6: Conflict Prevention, Resolution and Peace Building
- PIA 7: Coordination, Institutional Strengthening and Partnerships